Thursday, September 29, 2011

Katz makes me soo happy

There are some NY institutions that aren't worth any hype. I can happily tell you some are worth a woot woot, my loudest woot woot goes to Katz deli. I love Katz for some many reasons. Well first, and most importantly it's amazingly, fantasticly, out of this world yummy. In addition, I really like the atmosphere; Katz always has the "stuff your face" mood which happens to be my life moto: funny, huh? I have to say every time I've been there I have had an amazing time and it's consistently delicious.My smile was just as big on the inside
My friends and I made it a tradition to all go down to Katz as much as possible. We went a few times last year including my 16th birthday (does that prove to you, that it's actually amazing?). Yesterday, 4 of us ventured to the east village deli and there was no looking back. My friend Aaron and I grubbed on pastrami (his was on a wedge, mine was on rye) while Mathias and Claudia had philly cheese steak. Additionally, we all got a side of french fries and pickles. And since this is a food blog i guess I need to say the pastrami isn't dry and cooked perfectly while the steak is tender. Being the savory kinda gal I am this food obviously suits my liking. If you don't like salt because you don't wanna bloat i don't think this is the place for you but I also think you're a weirdo.
My food... Pastrami on rye, pickles, french fries, and a much needed
diet pepsi- is it bad I can actually taste the food as I'm typing this...
I have a problem I know
These up close food shots are what I call "the money shots"
Philly Cheese steak... oh yea Do you see the giddy child like look on her face?
this should tell you to head downtown to Katz....
dear god, when did i turn into such a car salesman?

205 E Houston St
(between Avenue A & Essex St)
New York, NY 10002
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
subway: 2 Av (F) ,Delancey St (F) ,Essex St (J, M, Z)

No comments:

Post a Comment